- The radioactivity measuring station at the Jungfraujoch will be modernised by 2024.
- The Federal Council took this decision in 2022 (press release).
- The FOPH measuring station is part of the High Altitude Research Station (hfsjg.ch).
- The new equipment will be more sensitive and allows online monitoring in addition to weekly laboratory measurements.
- The highest situated measuring station in Europe (3’464 m) for monitoring radioactivity in the atmosphere.
- We will regularly publish the progress of the work.
Radenviro is open to a respectful online dialogue and welcomes comments and questions. We encourage you to respect our netiquette.
Please note that there is no right to post a comment and we do not maintain any correspondence regarding the decision to post or not post a comment or question.
Thank you for your understanding.